I don’t drink protein shakes/smoothies all that often. I prefer eating actual food. But every so often, I’ll either crave having a shake or be very pressed for time and need it in a pinch. Eating on the go is definitely not ideal, as we should be relaxed while we are eating in order to properly digestion our food. But, life happens and sometimes this is the only way to get our fuel in.
I included almond milk yogurt to this smoothie recipe to add in some probiotics and creaminess. This smoothie is also great left in the freezer and eaten as a protein ice cream!
The protein powder that I use is Reserveage Grass-Fed Whey.
The collagen I use is Vital Proteins Pasture Raised Collagen Peptides.
The jam I use is St. Dalfour Red Raspberry.
The yogurt I use is Kite Hill Vanilla or Plain.
- 1 5.3 oz container Kite Hill vanilla or plain almond milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1 tbsp St. Dalfour raspberry jam
- 1 serving (1-2 scoops) grass-fed vanilla whey protein
- 1 scoop pasture-raised collagen peptides
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to blender
- Turn on until well blended
- Add ice or more almond/cashew milk to get your desired consistency