You may already know a bit about my background and how I came to nutritional therapy… but for those of you that don’t, here’s some background info on me:
- Growing up, I lived on fast food and processed foods on a daily basis
- I never exercised
- I smoked a pack of cigarettes daily (from age 13-21)
- I drank alcohol and partied a lot with my friends
- I drank TONS of sugary coffees from Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks
- I also drank tons of energy drinks such as Red Bull, Rockstar, Monster, and many others
- I never drank water, only diet beverages such as soda and iced tea
- I suffered from severe IBS and always needed to be near a bathroom
- Along with IBS, I suffered from anxiety
- I also experienced pretty bad PMS and acne
Looking back now at how I was living, it’s so obvious as to why I was having those symptoms.
Even so, changing my eating habits back in 2012 made me feel much better, but getting my IBS and anxiety under control took more than that. It’s been a journey, and I did rid myself of my anxiety and IBS for a while (although I can definitely say my IBS is MUCH improved presently).
But life happens, and recently I’ve been letting some old habits slip back in, resulting in some pretty severe anxiety and panic attacks as of late.
I discussed my past and recent struggles in this recorded Facebook Live video:
Can you relate? Do you or have you in the past suffered from anxiety? What has been helpful for you? Share in the comments.