Sick of eating eggs for breakfast? Or maybe you’re avoiding eggs due to an allergy or sensitivity? Don’t worry, there’s plenty of egg-free breakfasts to eat!
Breakfast has always been a tough choice for me. I normally wake up wanting nothing to do with food, but I’ve been forcing myself to eat breakfast because after skipping it for about a year, I realized that skipping breakfast was not doing me any favors. I personally don’t care much for eggs (although I do eat them a couple times a week – scrambled with spices & organic ketchup), so figuring out some egg-free alternatives that aren’t super sweet (I love sweets, but not in the morning) was important for me.
So, if you’re avoiding eggs for whatever reason, or just need a break for a couple days, here are some suggestions:
- Leftovers: Eating leftovers for breakfast may seem weird at first when you’re used to eating bagels, cereal, muffins, donuts and other typical starchy grain breakfast foods. Although back in the day, there were times I’d eat chinese food and pizza for breakfast, so the idea of leftovers for breakfast was never weird to me. If it sounds weird to you, give it a try – you might be surprised.
- Steel Cut Oats: If you’re able to tolerate grains, properly prepared (soaked overnight before cooking) steel cut oats can be a satisfying breakfast. Balance out the carbs by cooking the oats in full fat coconut milk or grass-fed whole milk (if you tolerate dairy).
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is high in protein, contains natural dairy sugar, and fat – all your macronutrients in one convenient food! Look for a high quality, grass fed yogurt, such as Maple Hill Creamery.
- Chia Pudding: Chia pudding is another easy breakfast – add some protein powder to help keep you full until lunch! There are lots of chia pudding recipes out there, like this delicious one from PaleOMG!
- Fruit & Nuts: Fruit with nuts or nut butter is also an egg-free breakfast option. Some examples: banana with almond or sunflower butter, paleo granola with coconut or almond milk topped with fruit, fruit and nuts with coconut or almond milk.
- Sausage & Veggies: Grab some high quality breakfast sausage (or some other type of meat you like), cook some veggies, and you’ve got yourself an easy, nutritious, egg-free breakfast!
- Smoothie with Protein: Blend up some veggies and fruit with your choice of protein powder (grass-fed whey, grass-fed collagen, pea protein, or grass-fed beef protein) for a nutritious egg-free breakfast on the go.
- Paleo Pancakes or Waffles: Paleo pancakes can be as simple as bananas mixed with coconut flour and heated on a griddle! Just google “paleo pancakes” or “paleo waffles” and you’ll find tons of easy recipes. Note: some recipes do contain eggs. If you’re avoiding eggs due to a sensitivity, don’t use those recipes 🙂
Have a thought to add or a question? Leave it in the comments!
Need some more ideas? Check out these recipes/ideas from my friend Joy of Joybird Wellness!
The Salad Dressing Formula
The Problem With Juice Cleanses
How to Use Magnesium to Ease Menstrual Cramps