This is a recording from a recent Periscope video that I did. If you want to get in on the live conversation in the future, download the app & follow me @jillmacntc
Changing Your Mindset to Achieve Success
- Have guidelines rather than rules: This is real life. Set backs are normal and we’re not all the same. If the plan you’re on isn’t working, it’s okay to change things to fit your own body and lifestyle. If you want to indulge in something “off plan” it’s okay to eat it and then go back to your plan. It’s all about balance and moderation.
- Focus on health, not weight loss: Using weight loss as your motivation is temporary and keeps you in the deprivation mindset. Instead, focus on your health and fueling your body with the foods it needs to thrive and keep you more than just alive – but happy, strong, and energized!
- Instead of saying, “I can’t eat that” say “I choose not to eat that because it makes me feel bad”
- Pursue your goals from a place of self-love, not self-hate: Enjoy every step of the journey and love your body for everything it does to keep you alive 24/7. Don’t “diet” as a punishment to yourself, choose to eat healthy because your body deserves the best.
- Make your health a priority: Your body is the only place you have to live and you only get one – so take care of it! Decide that your health is important and include nutrition, fitness, and stress relief in your to-do list. Think of certain foods as poison so you are not tempted to eat them. Make room in your budget for health food by giving up other unnecessary spending.
Have a thought to add or a question? Leave it in the comments!